- Community Groups
- Education & Training
- Training Schedule
- Role of Education & Training Supports
- Training & Education Opportunites
- Return to Education
- School Supports / School Completion Programme
- Development Education
- Adult Guidance
- Community Education
- Educational Psychological Assessments in Schools
- Supports for Children with Specific Learning Difficulties
- Women Into Public Life Project (WIPL)
- Farming & Fishing
- Tourism & Environment
Football 4 Peace – Ireland Community Relations Through Sport Coach Training Programme – Tier 1
Football 4 Peace - Football 4 Peace (F4P) is an emerging non-governmental organization providing training and delivery of activity based community relations and reconciliation initiatives. Along with our partners, we are committed to quality and currently provide a wide range of programmes in Israel, Jordan, Republic of Ireland and Northern Ireland (UK) to children, Sports coaches, community leaders, teachers and volunteers working alongside each other to bring differing communities together through sport and aspects of outdoor education.
Football 4 Peace – Ireland is hosting coach education training that is designed to give coaches the knowledge and skills to deliver good relations training through sport. In addition to practical advice on coach delivery, candidates will also receive a certificate in conflict resolution and community relations from the University of Ulster.
Football 4 Peace – Ireland
Community Relations Through Sport Coach Training Programme – Tier 1
Dates: Saturday 16th; Sunday 17th & Monday 18th June 2012
Time: 9.30am – 5pm daily
Venue: Templemore Sports Complex
NB: Full attendance is required and an understanding of the coaching methodology to receive full accreditation
ATTRIBUTES / SKILLS REQUIRED:
Essential – evidence of the following attributes will be required as a minimum.
- · Experience of coaching / teaching a range of age groups – including 10-14 year olds
- · Reliable, enthusiastic, self motivated and fully committed to the philosophy, values and aims of F4P.
- · Level headed, organized, able to work under pressure with the capacity to adapt and solve problems as and when they arise.
- · The ability to communicate to a good level of English
Desirable – evidence of the following attributes will enhance your application but are not compulsory. Many of the qualities and skills listed below will be developed through training.
- · FA Level 1 coaching qualification or equivalent
- · Other governing body coaching award(s) or equivalent
- · Evidence of continuous updating of skills / qualifications / experience
- · Current First Aid qualification
- · Good administration and organisational skills
- · Strong communication skills
- · Ability to work well alone and as part of a team
- · Ability to deliver safe coaching sessions
- · Experience of / ability to work in a different language or with those speaking a different language
- · Knowledge, understanding and/or experience of conflict resolution work
If you are interested in attending this training please complete the application form (see overleaf) and return to Damien McColgan at the address below or email to damienF4PIreland@hotmail.co.uk
Closing date for applications is Friday 1st June 2012. There is expected to be a large interest in this course. Applicants will be contacted to confirm their acceptance Email for the application form.