- Community Groups
- Education & Training
- Role of Education & Training Supports
- Training & Education Opportunites
- Education Grants
- School Supports / School Completion Programme
- Development Education
- Adult Guidance
- Community Education
- Educational Psychological Assessments in Schools
- Supports for Children with Specific Learning Difficulties
- Women Into Public Life Project (WIPL)
- Farming & Fishing
- Tourism & Environment
A Training Workshop on mental health issues and the media.
Inishowen Community Radio based in Carndonagh, Co. Donegal has invited two leading mental health organisations Headline and See Change to deliver a free training workshop for media professionals and interested individuals on mental health issues and the media. .
This workshop will allow you to refresh your expertise on reporting on suicide and mental health issues:
• Highlight the issues involved in reporting on suicide and mental health issues.
• Provide information of the guidelines for reporting on these important issues.
• Discuss best practice in interviewing people on their personal experience with a mental health problem.
• Hear the perspective of someone with personal experience of a mental health problem.
• Share information on sourcing quality content and spokespeople in your community.
The media have a considerable role to play in influencing how mental health issues are perceived and discussed. Collaboration from media and mental health professionals alike can effectively encourage open discussion of mental health problems while ensuring it takes place in a responsible and sensitive manner.
The workshop will be held in the Inishowen Development Partnership offices, Pound St. Carndonagh on 28th June between 2-4pm, free of charge. For more information you can contact Inishowen Community Radio on email@example.com or telephone 07493 29105
•See Change is Ireland’s national stigma reduction partnership, working together with over 50 Irish organisations to change minds about mental health problems and end stigma. www.seechange.ie
• Headline is the national media monitoring programme for mental health and suicide. The programme aims is to work cooperatively with media professionals and students to facilitate and promote responsible coverage of these important issues. www.headline.ie