- Community Groups
- Education & Training
- Training Schedule
- Role of Education & Training Supports
- Training & Education Opportunites
- Return to Education
- School Supports / School Completion Programme
- Development Education
- Adult Guidance
- Community Education
- Educational Psychological Assessments in Schools
- Supports for Children with Specific Learning Difficulties
- Women Into Public Life Project (WIPL)
- Farming & Fishing
- Tourism & Environment
Rural Transport Programme
The RTP in Inishowen was officially launched in 2008 following research (i.e. the Rural Transport Initiative 2003 – 2006). The RTP was initiated as a response to the growing acknowledgement of the economic and social impacts of inadequate transport in rural areas and the increasing level of interest amongst community and local development groups in developing and implementing locally based solutions.
The programme mission statement is ‘to provide a quality nationwide community based public transport system in rural Ireland which responds to local needs’.
The Programme Aims & Objectives:
- To provide, enhance and sustain a nationwide community based public transport system in rural areas.
- To maximise existing transport assets and to utilise new technology where necessary in the co-ordination and development of transport.
- To act as a catalyst in providing models of partnership at all levels where key sectors actively engage in transport provision.
- To ensure equality of access for all, including older people as well as people with mobility, sensory and cognitive impairments.
- To maintain, promote and develop models of good practice.
- To continue to contribute to rural public transport policy.
The RTP Delivery:
The transport provided in the RTP is quite different to conventional public transport. The following are some of the unique features of the Programme:
- The Programme is delivered in Inishowen by Inishowen Development Partnership through the Inishowen Rural Transport Programme .
- There is a bottom up approach to service development i.e. the RTP works with local communities to plan and deliver flexible transport services that meet the needs of the community, including those who experience social exclusion.
- Many of ourl journeys are delivered on a door-to-door basis, collecting people from their homes and assisting them to their destination.
- All journeys tend to be local in nature.
- RTP services are open to everyone and people with a Free Travel Pass may travel free of charge.
Door to Door Service Available
If you live close to the bus route but are unable to make the connection a door to door service is available on request which collects you at your door when you call and book through the office before 12 noon the day before travel. For bookings and information on all our new services please contact Noreen @ 074 93 22291 or Cormac @ 087 9861606 at the Inishowen Development Partnership.
‘Making the Connections’
Inishowen Rural transport is one of 4 public transport providers in the Inishowen Peninsula. We are committed to providing a reliable, flexible and friendly bus service for people who want to travel within the peninsula. We also provide connections for those who need to travel on or for those who wish to come as visitors. Please follow the links below for other provider details.
CONTRIBUTION: €5 return and €3 single
BUS PASS HOLDER: FREE